Preparatory Seminary, Glen Riddle

Dublin Core

Title

Preparatory Seminary, Glen Riddle

Description

A photograph of the Preparatory Seminary in Glen Riddle, PA. Originally the Ashton Ridge Female Academy and connected to the Presbyterian Church, the property was bought by Bishop John Neumann. From 1859 to 1871, the predecessor to the College Division was housed here, while the Theology Division was at Eighteenth and Race Streets in Philadelphia. The Sisters acquired the property when the Seminary was consolidated at Overbrook in 1871.

Publisher

Jefferies & Manz

Rights

https://rightsstatements.org/page/InC/1.0/

Format

image/jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

2002.040.0241

Access Rights

This material is made available for private study, scholarship, and research use. For access to the original, contact: CHRC, chrc.aop@gmail.com, 215-904-8149.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Files

NU006.jpg

Citation

“Preparatory Seminary, Glen Riddle,” Catholic Historical Research Center Digital Collections, accessed December 8, 2021, https://omeka.chrc-phila.org/items/show/8834.