Communion certificate from St. John the Evangelist Church, Philadelphia

Dublin Core

Title

Communion certificate from St. John the Evangelist Church, Philadelphia

Description

First Communion certificate of Mary E. Williams of St. John's Parish, Philadelphia, dated May 5, 1878, showing pictures of sanctuary of the Cathedral of Sts. Peter & Paul in Philadelphia, and of the dedication of the Cathedral on November 20, 1864. Certificate is filled out in manuscript: "[Mary E. Williams] made h[er] first Communion in [St. John's Church] on the [Fifth] day of [May] 18[78]. [Rev. P. R. O'Reilly], Pastor." Printed below print: "Publ. by Peter F. Cunningham & Son, 29 South 10th St. Phila." Published in 1865.

Source

Date

1865
1878-05-05

Format

image/jpeg

Language

eng

Type

Image

Identifier

100.1.1.P & P (Ph) (27)

Access Rights

Public Domain: We believe this material to be in the public domain and free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While CHRC claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite CHRC as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Files

100_1_1_peter_paul_ph_27.jpg

Collection

Citation

Cunningham, Peter F., “Communion certificate from St. John the Evangelist Church, Philadelphia,” Catholic Historical Research Center Digital Collections, accessed September 23, 2021, https://omeka.chrc-phila.org/items/show/6689.